April 15, 2013

Brown Sugar Baked Salmon - April Secret Recipe Club

Holy crap, there was a post in between secret recipe club posts last month!  I'm calling that progress, as little as it may seem.  A little bit of cooking here and there, nothing big enough to post.  I think that's why I really liked my assignment this month.  Chaya of Bizzy Bakes knows how to take the every day and put a unique spin on it!


One of her favorites is salmon.  While delving deep into her archives, I was struck by the Brown Sugar Baked Salmon she made for passover.  I really don't know the first thing about cooking for passover, but I do know this is a winner!  


Although I'm not really one to bake my fish, this recipe may have me converted.  Brown sugar, meyer lemon, soy sauce, and sesame oil make a paste-like marinade for the salmon.  Even though it seems like the sugar would be over powering (as I did as I was scooping it into the bowl), it really all comes together in the oven.


I paired it with a quick saute of broccolini and a celery root mash, but really just about anything will go with this quick fish dish.  I can't wait for lunch leftovers!


And to get even more inspiration, here's the rest of group b's submissions for April!



Brown Sugar Baked Salmon
4 salmon filets
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoona soy sauce
1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
juice from 1/2 a lemon
juice from 1/2 a meyer lemon
slices of meyer lemon to top the fish

Salt and pepper the salmon filets liberally.  Preheat the oven to 375 F.

Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, and lemon juice.  Pour over the salmon and let sit for about 30 minutes.  Top with the lemon slices.

Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.  Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Looks like you and I are the first ones here tonight. Your Brown Sugar Baked Salmon looks delicious. I am always looking for a new Salmon recipe. Hope you have a good week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so succulent and flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing dish! One of my favorite dinners is a soy sauce/lemon pepper salmon....the brown sugar would make a great addition. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks so tasty! We're big fans of salmon but I've never thought to make a brown sugar glaze for it. Definitely pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salmon - I am definitely giving this one a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this recipe looks amazing. Our family loves salmon and always looking for a new way to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and recipe. I would make this for company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thrilled, you enjoyed this. As you noted, we love salmon and this is a favorite. Yours looks better than mine. Kudos. Thanks for cooking from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Progress is progress! Nice pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Great choice...those combos for a salmon marinade are perfect. I make one similar and it's always a favorite. I'm a fellow SRC member, group D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah this makes me want salmon for dinner, maybe tomorrow since I've already been to the store once today :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious and easy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yum - we keep saying that we should eat more fish, and this looks like the perfect recipe to try! I was assigned your blog this month and I absolutely LOVED so many of your recipes - Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd never thought to make a brown sugar glaze for salmon. Looks like I'll have to give this recipe a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just tried baked fish for the first time last night and cant wait to try this version. It looks delicious!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog. I'd love for you to stop by and be a part of it!!!
    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...